Mosaic Monday 15th August 2011, originally uploaded by gilfling.
1. merfish is smitten, 2. New work, 3. Seed pods of Water Hemlock (I think), 4. rubble doll, 5. M47, 6. QDNA and Leroy :o), 7. tenero spirito, 8. Bird skin fabric – detail, 9. chanterelles, 10. where we overlap, 11. She Made A Poem, 12. # 1382 “Easy To Tame”
Happy new week to you!! I seem to have taken a bit of an unscheduled blog break partly due to trying to ensure I am not too distracted by the internet and all its corridors and endless tunnels that it is all too easy to get lost down when I should be doing other things: also in part to just taking things a bit slower over these rainy, autumnal months that are the UK’s so called summer.
So at the moment I am sculpting and stitching with more characters appearing and brooches being created by my hands. Next week I will be off for a week to Scotland to see my family – a long overdue trip to catch up with loved ones and friends and I am very much looking forward to being a visitor and a tourist for a week with so much that I want to do by way of museum and gallery visiting too. As always with a sketchbook and camera in hand. It is perfect timing too as on my return I need to begin creating stock for autumn/winter shows as it is getting to that time of year already!!
Anyway I shall be updating with new work this week and the stitchery and sculpting shall continue!
Above, again, a selection of my flickr favourites – click through to see more!
Hoping you are enjoying summer days regardless of the weather!
1. Plant Footprints detail, 2. ikizler, 3. Fabric, Paper, Acrylic Transfer, Collage, 4. inwording12, 5. roaring silence II, 6. Bacon is Good, 7. paysage, 8. It Won’t Be Long (Below the Soil Floor), 9. Outra noiva – det., 10. ” Other specimen “, 11. Self-Portrait No. 21, 12. dopo Luco di Mugello
I seem to have missed Monday – it completely passed me by! Busy busy this week and tired from the heat although the sunshine is lovely.
More above from my flickr favourites – click through to see more.
x x x
1. Beams of Love for Annie, 2. Beetle dance, 3. 227 Untitled, 4. -blue- riding hood, 5. Duy Huynh – Suspension of Disbelief, 6. Untitled, 7. Finished Order, 8. hill for LOL, 9. untitled 7-25-11, 10. radio head On Show @ Aldeburgh Peter Pears Gallery, 11. crépuscule, détail, 12. keyhole, reworked
I am having a rather lazy Monday today after a lovely, windy at times, sunny at times weekend away in Yorkshire – more on that tomorrow!
The perfectionist in me wants to redo the top middle box of the mosaic to make it complete – but the more laid back version says just click on the link to see what is there!
Wishing you a wonderful start to the week.
x x x
1. ceramica, 2. # 1322 “After The Rain”, 3. why, 4. Mary, 5. Fallen Tree. New painting. Acrylic paint on canvas., 6. angelo cerca l’uscio, 7. DREAM, 8. Tapestry 4, 9. The Wayside Confirmation, 10. big thicket, 11. weave grunge, 12. pross 008-väike
Another selection of inspring images from my flickr favourites – please click through to individual pages to see more…
Happy Monday to you! Although I am still busy creating work for the Home…Oh shop this week, hopefuly I will be back to blogging a little more regularly after my break and will be able to share works in progress images.
I had a fantastic but tiring weekend at the Craft Candy Fair in Sheffield on Saturday – I was delighted (and a little sad) to say good-bye to this sweet girl and it really was a great day. The response to my clay figures has been so encouraging and I can’t wait to see how they progress.
More later this week!
1. chillingworth , 2. A Well Respected Man, 3. WDS Front, 4. Ursula, 5. The Crown, 6. wait station 011, 7. This Boy Inside, 8. ready to bud, 9. Summer pins, 10. The Garden Gate, 11. disciple, 12. as blogged at http://mynameisfinch.blogspot.com/
Another late mosaic – I just don’t know where the time goes! Please click through to individual pages to see more.
I had an exciting delivery yesterday – my brand new easel and I can’t wait to put it to good use! It is huge and touches the low ceiling of my top floor studio but I will, in time, be able to work larger so I am looking forward to that. I am having that fluttery feeling in the pit of my stomach where I know that I have alot to do over the next few weeks and not as much time as I would like…so best get on!
Thank you so much to those who commented on my print for charity and also for sharing it on your facebook pages and blogs – It is so very much appreciated..
1. reverie, 2. Untitled, 3. Orchid Thief, 4. magpie cup, 5. Untitled, 6. Visionary., 7. treehouse tower, 8. Three books & their pages, 9. crofters handbook , 10. City trip – art doll by Anna Zueva, 11. WIP: Peacock Stumpwork – Final stages, 12. Fossil Strata
Another week and I am a year older after my birthday on Saturday – only one year to the big ‘4-0’ now – gosh how can that be??? We had the most wonderful weekend in London and I still have to upload my photographs – there is also a wee tale to tell related to our weekend away but I shall save that for tomorrow as it deserves a post all of it’s own.
I did have a horrible moment of dread on friday when I somehow managed to drop a marble slab (that I use when carving leather – so it is the size of a chopping board) – anyway I managed to drop it right at the base of my big toe and believe me, I was hopping around like a cartoon character, whilst sobbing trying to continue breathing all at the same time. It was not a pretty sight and when the bruising and swelling started I was scared I had broken it – which would have made for a bit of a rotten weekend in London!! Anyway – someone up there was being good to me as by Saturday morning I was only hobbling a little and walking was not too bad atall. Thank goodness!
So tales of London tomorrow!
PS – lots of amazing work via my flickr favourites again, please click on the links above to see more.
PPS – I felt rather unwell for much of last week (overtired) and am so behind on replying to, and thanking you for your lovely, thoughtful comments here on my blog and on facebook – also for the overwhelming amount of birthday wishes. Please know that I feel a very lucky girl indeed to have you all visiting here and really appreciate your interest in what I am up to – thank you so very much!
1. new handbag, 2. The Departure, 3. bgmills_plaster_book, 4. IMG_1505, 5. moon child, 6. naufragio, 7. who knew_gilhooly, 8. Heartbeat necklace, 9. ‘lazarus’ series detail, 10. new button, new colour & sold, 11. sinclair , 12. lisette
Created with fd’s Flickr Toys
Oh dear… goodness knows where the day went yesterday! I was so exhausted that I think I just sat in a daze for the best part of it. Half of my wares and display are still in the living room and dining room which Jeeves and Wooster bunnies are most annoyed about as it is invading their living space. The rest is still in the car waiting to be unpacked – and it all needs to be taken the two flights of stairs back up to the top floor studio! So that is my biggest task for today. Then the work on my ever-increasing to-do-list begins, but I am happy to say there are a few exciting things on that list as well as the more mundane so I am looking forward to making a start.
I will be posting some of the clay characters and stories over the coming days, starting this afternoon and I have a wee announcement regarding those which I will reveal this afternoon too so check back then!
Above is another mosaic from my inspiring flickr friends – again I am blown away by the incredible work people are generous enough to share – please click on individual links to see more.
PS thank you so much for all your support, encouragement and wonderful comments. I truly have the best job in the world and the fact that I get to ‘meet’ such wonderful friends online makes it even better!
Till later! xxx